Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 232: It's Official...I Was Delusional!

G'day,

Back on Day 230 I posted my M3 Goals & Accountability Statement. I'm here to say that I was delusional in my estimates!

Let me back up a little, two weeks ago I took a bodyfat test at my local gym here in Osaka on one of those handheld bodyfat testers.
The result came back at 10% bodyfat, carrying 8 kg's of fat on my 80 kg frame.

I was happy to be 10% as I suspected I would be much higher, like in the 13-15% range. I then used this 10% figure to base my original M3 Goals statement/graphic.

I stated that I was currently 10% bodyfat with the goal of getting to 4% bodyfat (with a shredded six-pack) by Day 290 which is the end of Phase 1.

However, in the last couple of days I began to have my suspicions! I compared my current physique to the last time I was at 10%. This just so happenned to be my Day 84 picture at the end of Mission 1 (pictured below).
I believe this figure to be accurate because I had this test done at a "BodPod" which is a very advanced testing procedure that has a reputation for being close to the mark.

I realized almost immediately that I was deluding myself by thinking that I was currently 10% when I compare myself to that picture. So tonight I got myself tested on two different machines (that are more advanced) and they gave me a combined average of 13%.

To be honest I am still not 100% sure that even this figure is correct. I could actually be as high as 15% right now but at least it gives me a more realistic figure to base my estimates and goals on.

Due to this revelation I have updated my Phase 1 Goals with new bodyfat/fat weight targets as you can see in the above graphic.

However, the fundamental equation does not change, i.e; lose 5 kg's of fat in the next 60 days - while maintaining lean body mass.

Losing those 5 kg's requires high intensity training and dieting which I am happy to report I adhered to today. I again followed my action plan with 100% compliance.

Below are Day 232 pics for June 28, 2007


Peace,
AJ

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, just wanted to say well done mate, you are starting to look like one of the actor's out of the movie '300 Spartans'
Keep it up!!!!!
Jamie