Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 312: Milestone - 400,000 Video Views For RTP Blog!

G'day,

Back on Day 283 I blogged about reaching 300,000 combined views of my accountability videos on YouTube. Well, today I passed 400,000 views! Never in my wildest dreams did I think my videos would be seen by that many people.

Below is a screenshot of my YouTube account that shows 400,278 views as of September 16, 2007.

If you like you can subscribe to my YouTube video channel (and help hold me accountable to my M3 goals!) by clicking AdamWaters RTP Video Channel


N.B. You can also watch these videos on my blog by clicking on the RTP Video Archive.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone that has watched and taken the time comment (over 600 comments in total) on my videos.

I know from the personal messages I have received from people that these videos have inspired people to start (or complete) their own fat loss journey. Quite honestly, that is the greatest thrill for me, just knowing that I may have inspired other people to take action on their goals.

Before I sign off today I'll leave you with my 3 Top Rated videos currently on YouTube.

1) 136 Days In 12 Seconds - Time Lapse Body Transformation

Exactly as the title says. I took a picture every day for 136 days between Nov 8, 2006 and March 24, 2007 and then put them back to back in high speed. Each 24 hour period is represented by a picture of 0.3 seconds in length.

I tried and failed for 6 years to get in shape. This time I decided to hold myself publicly accountable by posting these daily pictures on my blog. This strategy worked because it increased the "positive pressure" on myself to follow through on a daily basis...in real-time.

The journey continues in real time at my blog. I started Mission 3 - a new 136 day transformation mission - on Day 230 ( June 26, 2007) and will finish on Day 365 (November 8, 2007).

You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video updates throughout Mission 3. Will I reach my goal? Tune in to find out!





2) 84 Days In 48 Seconds: Time Lapse Body Transformation

A picture a day for 84 days. I was inspired by the Timelapse Noah "guy takes picture of himself every day for 6 years video." I thought...why not apply that concept to my whole body rather than just my face. This video is the result.

The time period is between Nov 8, 2006 and Jan 31, 2007 across 3 countries, Japan, Australia and Hong Kong. My goal for this mission (No.1) was to eat a chocolate birthday cake while holding a six-pack of abs (NOT beer!) for my 33rd birthday on February 1, 2007.




Day 137: M2 Judgement Day - The Six-Pack Verdict

94 Responses from 22 Countries over 12 hours to my public vote on my blog as to whether my midsection qualifies as a six-pack. At stake is my $1500 pre-paid trip to Phuket. The following takes place on March 24, 2007. Events occur in real-time.




Peace,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

3 comments:

dougal said...

Adam, Just want to say that you continue to be an inspiration to me and you make it easier for me to walk the road to my own "redemption". I don't think people realise the importance of that first step no matter how small. I took my own small step...and already I'm heading into week three. Amazing.

Big up to you my friend.

Adam Waters said...

Awesome to hear Dougal, you are right, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

keep truckin' mate and know that you are transforming your mind, body and life every single day.

Cheers,
Adam Waters

Anonymous said...

Adam, i added you up to one of my goals and inspirations to reach... i'm on my way for year 2 by january.. I'll work hard on my diet once again.. Seeing ur great physique.. I'm sure I'll eat clean.. and get shredded..

Hoping i'd reach same fat percentage as you are now..

Many thanks Adam..