Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 287: After 45 Days Under Wraps...I Take My Shirt Off!

G'day,

Ok, this is gonna sting a little but it has to be done.

My Mission 3: Phase 1 goal of a six-pack by Day 290 is not gonna happen.

I have worked hard to make it happen but obviously not hard enough!

I originally intended to "reveal" a six-pack by Day 290 by keeping my shirt on for the lead-up and ripping it off on Day 290 - for extra impact!

The Truth About Why I Kept My Shirt On...And Why Today I'll Take It Off

This "reveal" strategy worked well for M2 but this time around it has worked against me. I think keeping the shirt on became a "security blanket" for me as it allowed me to "hide" my lack of a six-pack for so long.

What I need to do now is face reality by showing my midsection, so now I'll do just that. I believe that this will increase the "positive pressure" on me to make it happen by Day 365, not just the sixer but the whole package (as in my visualization picture).

I Have Hardened My Resolve

I realize today's blog post may seem like an admission of defeat and not my usual positive self. However, as you can see in my "7 Year Journey Picture Slide" I have been in much worse situations than this...and came out on top eventually.

In fact I actually encountered a similar situation back on Day 62: Why Swallowing Your Pride Can Be A Smart Move when I returned from my Christmas vacation to Australia. My cardio capacity has been severely reduced during my 12 day holiday because of time constraints and my training priorities.

However, I was able to get back on track quickly and crack down on my training, cardio and nutrition plan for the remaining 22 days of Mission 1 to make a successful transformation.

Here is proof below.



Here's the bottom line...once you know what it really takes to get into shape in a short period of time, and you have prior success to back it up it becomes much easier to "flick the switch" on again.

Just like the 2005 Video Flashback I posted yesterday I have once again hardened my resolve to overcome "another failed attempt" and make another rapid-fire physique transformation.

Trust me, I aint done with Mission 3 yet!

Peace,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. After 45 days under wraps here is my midesction...

*Portions of this post were originally posted on Day 286.

4 comments:

Rayden said...

Quads seem to have increased mass... Great... Sadly for me, it just isn't working like how I expected it... body's always catching up very fast to what I throw at it... BTW, I was fascinated by this video (of the dude who is on the front of most posters of the movie 300) -> < http://files.codegreene.com/gymjones/video/vincent_high.mov >. I'm thinking of getting my gym-instructors to help me with this kinda training.

Anonymous said...

You look beefy dude! Keep it up!

Otter Christy said...

Great post! I understand you have a high standard and a mission, but it must be noted, you look damn great.

"Many people dream of success. To me, success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection." — Soichiro Honda

‘Failure is not the enemy, but a life-changing experience. It is a human experience, and it prepares the way for us to grow and transform our lives.’— Sobonfu Somé

Anonymous said...

Adam,

Why is that not a sixpack again?? Well on your way dude :) good job!!

Cheers