Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day 308: Whole Body Hybrid HIIT: M1 Deja'vu

G'day,

I'm feeling a real sense of Mission 1 deja'vu today!

As I discussed on Day 61: Let The Shredding Begin I was about to embark on a "24 day ultra clean shred phase" as I counted down the days to the end of Mission 1, January 31, 2007.

Once I hit the "go button" on that shred phase I ended nearly every workout drenched in a pool of sweat. I needed to take 2 towels with me to every session just to wipe down the machines and cardio gear!

You can see from my Mission 1 final pics how that shred phase ended up! After six years of trying in failing to get in shape I got in the best shape of my life (at age 33!).

The reason why today's Whole Body Hybrid HIIT session was deja'vu for me is because I was drenched in sweat again, just like the early days.

Would you believe that my cardio capacity has improved markedly just in the last 6 days? It's true! I actually stepped up the intensity of today's session in comparison to last week's Hybrid HIIT.

I increased the duration of my HIIT phase, the rep count on my "circuit training" phase and the "cool-down" cardio phase.

Needless to say I am ecstatic with my results today and I have a new-found confidence that I will indeed achieve "my dream physique" by Day 365 (the end of Mission 3).

The coolest thing is that I still have 57 days to get there, as opposed to my 24 day shred phase in Mission 1. I can't wait!

Ok, time to get some "muscle building rest".

Until tomorrow...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Below are Day 308 pics for September 12, 2007; Mission 3 Phase 2 - Day 14 of 70



2 comments:

dougal said...

Hey Bud, clearly you train with enormous intensity...Q - How do you know if or when you are overtraining.

Adam Waters said...

G'day mate,

I don't have an exact metric to figure out if I'm overtraining or not. What I do is analyze my pictures on a weekly basis and if progress hasn't been made I'll then analyze my workout and nutrition plan.

To be honest though, on weeks when I haven't made progress it is usually the result of too little training or intensity, or my diet wasn't in at least 95% compliance.

Cheers,
Adam