Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 307: Core 6x6 Lower Body

G'day,

Guess what? This muscle gain program I am currently following is really working!

Today's pictures (below) have proven that to me without a shadow of a doubt.

You may think I'm overly optimistic, however, after taking over 200 daily pictures of myself since November 8, 2006 I have developed sensory acuity when it comes to evaluating my physique progression.

I can see definite progress in my chest, shoulders and legs. This is what pumps me up more than anything else, as pictures do not lie!

In fact, if it isn't obvious already, this strategy of taking daily pictures has been the cornerstone of my success.

Every time I feel like skipping a workout (rarely) I always snap myself out of it because I know I would not "be worthy" of a picture that evening if I don't "do the work" to justify a picture.

Anyway, onto today's workout, Core 6x6 Lower Body. This session was a carbon copy of yesterday's workout (for upper body) in terms of rest periods, sets and reps.

The difference being of course that I focused on quadriceps and hamstrings. I performed 3 supersets of front squats and stiff legged deadlifts followed by 3 supersets of leg extensions and lying leg curls.

I actually used the same weight increments that I used for Core 5x5 which is a good sign as 6x6 calls for one more rep on each set.

One more thing, I believe "perceived exhaustion" is a very good indicator of effort (and caloric expenditure) while you are working out. I racked up quite a sweat today even though my rest periods were quite long at 3 minutes.

Ok, I gotta get some rest now.

Until tomorrow...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Below are Day 307 pictures for September 11, 2007: Mission 3 Phase 2 - Day 13 of 70.



5 comments:

Eric said...

hey Adam-- been following you for a while, very nice... will prob be starting Metabolic Surge in October. quick question, what is your diet now that you're on a new program?

dougal said...

No doubt about it..You're getting bigger mate.
You're an inspiration.

Unknown said...

very nice Adam..looking great...gotta love those pecks:-)
Diane

Adam Waters said...

Thanks Dougal, I appreciate your kind words mate.

Hi Diane, great to hear from you, how are you going? I've seen that you have heaps of articles already published, great work!

Cheers,
Adam

Adam Waters said...

Hi Eric, I'll discuss my exact M3 nutrition plan in an upcoming post, its gonna take a bit of work to explain it, stay tuned mate!

Adam