Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 286: Back In Japan...Time To Face Reality And Reveal My Midsection

G'day,

Ooohh man! That was a long trip home!

I left Australia at 8:25 AM and finally "checked in" to my Osaka apartment at 12:30 AM the next day.

The actual flying time was only 12 hours but I had a 2-hour transit in Seoul compounded by a 2-hour immigration and customs process once I arrived back in Japan.

No More Excuses!

Anyway, I'm back home now so it's time to get serious about Mission 3...no more excuses!

As I briefly discussed yesterday my nutrition plan during the last 4 days of my vacation was "off the wall". I have some serious work to do to get back on track and hit my "dream physique" by Day 365.

The Good News...I Hit A Personal Best Tonight

With this in mind I hit the gym hard this evening. I did a personal best on the barbell bench press and cable rows! My strength is at an all-time high right now.

The thing lacking right now is my overall conditioning/definition which is a function of bodyfat - which means I'll have to ramp up my HIIT cardio.

My Revised Workout Plan

In order to address this I sat down today and worked out a slightly revised workout plan to see me through for the next 79 days (until Day 365).

This new plan is a "double barrel approach" in which I aim to build muscle and decrease bodyfat at the same time. I know this goes against the grain of what most experts say is possible.

However, I have already proven to myself that I can build muscle and lose fat simultaneously...twice for Mission 1 and Mission 2. This may seem weird but I have always said to do what works for you so I am following my own advice!

I'm Gotta Be Honest With Myself...The Shirt Was My "Security Blanket"

Now since I'm being honest with myself I'm gonna be honest with you too. My Mission 3: Phase 1 goal of a six-pack by Day 290 is not gonna happen. I have worked hard to make it happen but obviously not hard enough!

Tomorrow I'll take my shirt off and you'll see what I mean. I originally intended to "reveal" a six-pack by Day 290 by keeping my shirt on for the lead-up and ripping it off on Day 290 - for extra impact.

The Truth About Why I Kept My Shirt On...And Why Tomorrow I'll Take It Off

This "reveal" strategy worked well for M2 but this time around it has worked against me. I think keeping the shirt on became a "security blanket" for me as it allowed me to "hide" my lack of a six-pack for so long.

What I need to do now is face reality by showing my midsection, so tomorrow I'll do just that. I believe that this will increase the "positive pressure" on me to make it happen by Day 365, not just the sixer but the whole package (as in my visualization picture).

I Have Hardened My Resolve

I realize today's blog post may seem like an admission of defeat and not my usual positive self. However, as you can see in my "7 Year Journey Picture Slide" I have been in much worse situations than this...and came out on top eventually.

What failure does for me now is harden my resolve, especially now since I have readers in 85 countries following my progress! Trust me, I feel the pressure but that is exactly what I need right now.

After all this blog has always been about real-time accountability, stating my goals ahead of time, then training like a maniac to manifest my goals and dreams. So that is exactly what I'm gonna do!

Peace,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Today's Day 286 pic is 5 minutes after I got back to my apartment in Osaka. If you compare it to yesterday's pic before I left Australia it looks like I've aged a couple of years!

1 comment:

Otter Christy said...

Australian men never age. They just look more "rugged." ;)

This comment is in regards to the last few lines to this post, and me just being silly. :)

Just re-reading old blog entries for fun and inspiration.