Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 306: Core 6x6 Upper Body

G'day,

Wow! What an awesome workout.

Today I completed my first Core 6x6 Upper Body Workout with the new "muscle gain system" I am now following.

I targeted chest and back only (just like the Core 5x5 Upper Body) with supersets of barbell bench press & cable rows and incline dumbell press & reverse pull-ups.

To be more precise I worked each set for 6 reps at 80% of my 1 rep max then supersetted the opposing muscle group for another 6 reps.

This approach while extremely taxing and great for muscle growth (due to the three minute rest period between supersets) also utilizes the benefits of the "push/pull" effect of opposing muscle groups and exercises.

To be more precise the bench press is a "push motion" while most back exercises (including pull-ups and cable rows) are a "pull motion".

Supersetting opposing muscle groups also allows you to take maximum advantage of your time while in the gym. This is because while one muscle group is "recovering" the opposing muscle is being "worked".

Being time efficient while in the gym is something I strive to do as I like get in and get the job done as quickly (and intensely) as possible with the minimum of down-time and distraction.

Until tomorrow,

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Below are Day 306 pics for September 10, 2007: Mission 3 Phase 1 - Day 12 of 70



No comments: