Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day 83 Pics: Breaking News...The Stats Are In!

Day 83 of 84

Status: Round 8: Phase 3: Day 4

Here are Day 83 Pics for January 30, 2007


G'day,

I'm pumped! I just got back from my bodyfat test at my local gym.

One word, REDEMPTION!

For those of you who have followed my journey you know the depressive state I was in after my last bodyfat test on October 26, 2006.

N.B For details go to Day 66: My Biggest Secret Revealed!

Even though I knew I had transformed my physique I still went there tonight with some trepidation.

This is because I'm a guy who gets motivated by visuals not numbers. For me, statistics are cold, they don't tell you anything about the emotion, the pain, the sacrifice and the glory of going through this process.

This is why I have not been back to the bodyfat testing center since October 26, 2006, even though I said I would go monthly on my Day 1 post.

I just didn't want to clutter my mind with the negativity that may have come from a less than desirable result because I was still in a very fragile mental state during the early stages.

This attitude runs counter to what most experts will tell you. They say you need constant feedback on your status so you can change and adapt your program where necessary. I actually do agree with this line of thinking.

However, there is one big difference with me. Since I was taking daily pictures of myself I could see positive changes to my physique were taking place in the early stages as clear as day. In other words, I didn't need stats to tell me it was working.

I could tell from the notches in my belt. In fact I have lost 5 notches in my belt to the point now where the 7th notch in doesn't fit me. I will go shopping for a new belt this weekend!

Anyway, let's cut to the chase.

N.B. My "before" stats were actually taken on October 26, 2006. However, I did not do any weight training, cardio or follow proper nutrition in the period from October, 26, 2006 and November 8, 2006. This is because I went to Australia in that time period. So actually my "before" stats on the day of November 8, 2006 would have been worse than this.

Body Stats Summary

Ok, here we go...

I LOST 9.5 kg's (20.9 Pounds) of FAT.

I GAINED 1.7 kg's (3.7 Pounds) of MUSCLE.

I LOST 12 cm's (4.9 Inches) around my WAIST.

I LOST 8 kg's of TOTAL BODYWEIGHT.

And now for the biggie...

I am NOW 10.3% BODYFAT, down from 20.8% BODYFAT!

How cool is that? I am stoked with these results. I now believe in regular bodyfat testing again!

Here is an exact breakdown of my stats. One thing did surprise me, that was the reduction in the circumference of biceps, triceps and chest.

I thought these muscle groups would have been higher than my original stats due to my increased muscle. I guess I didn't realize how much fat was stored there!

*******************************************************

My Stats For October 26, 2006

Total Weight: 84.0 kg/185.1 Pounds (U.S)
Lean Weight: 66.5 kg/146.6 Pounds (U.S)
Fat Weight: 17.4 kg/38.3 Pounds (U.S)
Body Fat % : 20.8%

Also, here are my body measurements taken on October 26/2006.
Bicep: 37.1 cm/14.6 inches
Tricep: 35.2 cm/13.8 inches
Waist: 92 cm/36 inches
Chest: 103 cm/40.5inches

*******************************************************

My Stats For January 30, 2007
(as of one hour ago).

Total Weight: 76.0 kg/167.5 Pounds (U.S)
Lean Weight: 68.2 kg/150.3 Pounds (U.S)
Fat Weight: 7.9 kg/17.4 Pounds (U.S)
Body Fat % : 10.3%

Also, here are my body measurements taken on January 30, 2007
.
Bicep: 35.4 cm/13.9 inches
Tricep: 32.4 cm/12.7 inches
Waist: 79 cm/31.1 inches
Chest: 90.4 cm/35.5inches

*******************************************************

Below is a copy of my BodPod readout for January 30, 2007.



Remember (makes note to self) this is only the beginning! I have BIG (hint, hint) plans for my physique during my next 12 week mission.

I gotta go now and get some rest.

See you tomorrow when I release my final "After" pictures for this 12 week period.

Peace, AJ

No comments: