Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 279: A Shocking Gain Of Strength!

G'day,

Wow! What a difference 19 days makes!

Back on Day 260 I blogged about a shocking loss of strength in my barbell bench press stats.

Well today I successfully completed a 6% weight increment increase on barbell bench press for Muscle Rounds - derived from Metabolic Surge fat loss training system.

I was overjoyed and a little stunned at the progress I made today as this was my first weight training session since my 4-day layoff from the 'flu.

Sometimes a forced layoff can actually work in your favour by giving your body a chance to recover from the battering it takes in the gym.

The point I'm trying to make here is not to get discouraged or downhearted if you have to endure a forced layoff due to illness or injury as it may be the best thing for your body at that particular time.

Just to top it off I also did some "moderate cardio" this evening that consisted of a 30 minute run on the open road.

I ran to a pre-determined point in the town (in Brisbane) where I'm staying and completed the first leg in 13 minutes 30 sec. On the way back I upped the ante and finished the return leg in 12 minutes 25 sec.

Tomorrow I'll aim to keep the pressure on by setting myself a goal to finish both legs of the journey in under 12 minutes.

I get so much positive energy by setting and achieving this mini-goals. After all, it is by achieiving these mini-goals via daily action steps that we make visible body changes in a relatively short period of time.

I just know with absolute certainty that if I complete the actions required on a daily basis that it is inevitable that will make another full-blooded physique transformation for Mission 3.

It's a great place to be!

Peace,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Below are Day 279 pics taken in the same room as my Day 49 pics back on December 27, 2006!

No comments: