Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 244: An Amazing Realization!

G'day,

After taking yesterday's pictures and then comparing those pictures to my Day 136 pics at the end of Mission 2 (seen in the graphic to the right) I started to feel a little frustrated!

The Good News

This frustration stems from the fact that I am lifting more weight now than I ever have. My 1RM (1 rep maximum) weight increments on the Barbell Bench Press and Front Squat are higher than they were back on Day 136.

Of course, this is a good thing as we all like to see a progression in raw lifting stats over time. An increase in weight lifted over time indicates a higher volume of muscle tissue which is absolutely a good thing because building muscle is just as important as losing fat while on a weight loss journey.

The Bad News

So, how can it be that I am lifting heavier weight now than ever before but my physique lags so far behind those Day 136 pics?

You guessed it...Bodyfat!

Yes, this is quite clearly a function of bodyfat as I am carrying an extra 5 kg's of fat compared to Day 136. This was always inevitable when I took 95 days off from hard training and extreme diet discipline between the end of Mission 2 and the start of Mission 3.

I also noticed that my bodyfat levels increased significantly during my 21 day layoff from Day 169 to Day 190 as a result of the wrist injury I sustained.

So, Why The Frustration?

Well, to be honest I feel as though my physique is not progressing fast enough since I started Mission 3. On a pure muscle gain basis I know I am progressing but I have not seen much improvement in definition since I started.

My Amazing Realization!

Seeking answers to my current frustration I re-read my Mission 2 Nutrition and Training Log and subsequently made a stunning discovery! As I began to read the log it provided a lot of clues as to what may be behind my current lack of progress.

Then...it hit me! I stumbled across what I think may the biggest factor between my Mission 2 progress and my current progress! It's so simple I can't believe I missed it!

Can You Guess What It Is?

Can you guess what it is? If you'd like to take a stab at the answer just leave a comment to this post. I'll reveal the answer tommorow.

Peace,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. This "missing link" that I discovered may also be a factor for you if you are not currently getting the results you desire.

P.S.S. Below are Day 244 pictures for July 10, 2007 - Mission 3 Phase 1: Day 15 of 60


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam,

I'm really going to take a wild guess and have a few option, so here goes:

1. Your nutritional cycle that helps with the metabolism?
2. Your TDEE has changed?
3. The amount of cardio?
4. Not enough sleep, since you seem to be awake also during the night :-D

Like I said completly out of the blue guess lol

Though I have to say that you are doing a great job and the progress is visible every single day. Amazing!

Shadow said...

I would also say more food and less cardio.

Anonymous said...

just going back to the 'why' aspect...the reasons being strong enough to push you harder/focus???

Kel.

Anonymous said...

Karlos:
your not eating good fats?