Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 251: Important Announcement

G'day,

Today's post will not be focused on mindset, workouts or nutrition as I have a few important things to address in light of the general craziness of the last few days.

External Embedding Of YouTube Videos Turned Off

I have decided to turn off "external embedding" of some of my YouTube videos. "External embedding" means that other sites and blogs can embed my videos into their sites and use it as free content.

The reason I have done this is because it is turning up all over the web at sites I want nothing to do with. These sites are not focused on fitness, they are mainly blogs filled with advertising that show "weird and wacky" videos. Also, some of them are really dodgy (if you know what I mean).

I don't want to be associated with these sites in any way shape or form.

The Digg Aftermath

This is all due to "Digg effect" two days ago when one of my videos was posted without my knowledge to Digg. Since then it has gotten totally out of control.

I made these videos with the best of intentions, that was to hold myself accountable and hopefully inspire people on a fat loss journey to take action.

I totally underestimated the amount of negativity these videos would generate on sites that aren't dedicated to fitness. It is just not worth the hassle.

YouTube Videos Will Remain Up For The Time Being

For the time being I will keep them up on YouTube as the people there seem to "get it". The reason why is because for someone to find my videos on YouTube (out of the millions of other videos posted there) they have to search for it. This means that people who watch them are interested in fitness and/or weight loss.

The only people I want to associate with are people who are like-minded and on a physique transformation journey themselves. I have no desire to have to continually justify myself to people who are not interested in fitness but just like to watch "weird stuff".

I Must Refocus My Energy On M3

I have also requested to the person that submitted my video to Digg, that he request to Digg that it be taken down, for the same reasons I mentioned above. For a lot of people this may seem strange because I'll lose a lot of traffic to the videos and this blog.

However, the craziness is just getting to be too much and it is sapping my energy. As a consequence it is starting to affect my confidence which I have worked so hard to restore. I honestly don't want or need this kind of attention.

This drama is also starting to affect my current mission. It is getting difficult to focus my mind while I'm working out in the gym. This is far and away the most important mission yet and it takes precedence over everything else, including this blog and any videos I make.

My current fitness lifestyle is the cornerstone of my "new life" so I just want to focus my energy there rather than having to deal with anonymous online critics. If I don't continually practice what I preach on a daily basis the concept behind this blog will cease to exist anyway, and I'll have to shut it down.

Finally, I'm sure regular visitors understand this but I'll just re-state it now for clarity sake.

Why I Started This Blog

The primary reason I started this blog was to hold myself accountable by making daily progress reports and taking daily pictures. Using YouTube was just another accountability tool as most of my videos there are simply progress reports of me talking into a web cam.

Once I finished my first mission successfully I decided I would make a "compilation" video (84 Days In 48 Seconds - submitted to Digg) that showed my progression in a high-speed time lapse. I thought it would make a cool video, and perhaps inspire people to take action.

The "Mastermind Principle"

Once I finished my second mission I then decided to try and create a community around this blog based on the "mastermind principle". That is why I started the RTP VIP Newsletter and put other people's blogs in my navigation bar. I thought it would be a good idea if we could all continually hold ourselves accountable to each other.

You Have The Power To Choose

If you are a first time visitor to this blog and you don't like what you see, just remember you have the power to click away and go somewhere else.

If you do like what you see please take the time to read some my earlier posts so you can get an accurate idea of what this blog is all about. The reason I say this is because I have been at this now for 251 days and it is impossible to explain everything in one single blog post.

My Workout And Nutrition Plan

If you are seeking more information on my workout routine and nutrition plan please take a look at the books I recommend and use that are listed in the right-hand navigation bar. These links will take you to specific blog posts that explain my personal experience with each book in great detail.

You can choose whether you want to purchase the books or not. It's true that I do make a commission on the sale of these books but I have also done my best to include some valuable bonus items (based on my personal experience) for each book purchased.

Please understand that the information within these books is copyrighted so I am not allowed to re-produce the specific advice and workout routines on this blog. Also, if you would rather purchase these books from the original source you are free to do that as well.

Free Tips From Previous Blog Posts

With that said, if you take the time to read some of my earlier blog posts from Mission 1 & 2 you will find a ton of free tips and insights I learned as I progressed. If you are someone who is truly interested in transforming your physique in the shortest time possible you could start at "Zero Day" and read every single blog entry up to present day for tips on mindset, training, abs and nutrition. This will not cost you a penny.

Hopefully, this is the last post I'll have to make regarding this "drama".

Right now I have a job to do, that is get a six-pack by Day 290! This will require sacrifice, discipline and a laser focus from here on out. This is where my energy will be directed.

Peace,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. I am extremely grateful to my regular visitors who are supportive and continually hold me accountable by coming to this blog and contributing to the discussion. Thanks again guys! I look forward to the day when we can get back to the "mastermind" group we had before without all the "craziness" that is going on now.

P.S.S. Right now I have to go to a "Sayonara Party" so today's pic is a little different than usual, i.e. I'm wearing normal clothes!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam, I stumbled on your blog recently and read the entire thing in one go. I'm in Japan, too, and on June 1st of this year I started my own journey towards fitness.

I'm interested in Bod Pod for body fat measurements. Do you still recommend it? And if so, where exactly did you have it performed/how much did it cost? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

u look dashing in those clothes..cool!

Otter Christy said...

Wow! You look great. You deserve a party. How symbolic too! You're going to a "Sayonara Party" immediately after saying Sayonara in this blog to all that drama. It is amazing how the Universe doles out exactly what is needed as we need it.:)

Anonymous said...

Adam, you originally posted photos to hold yourself accountable. It worked. How many people did it take to keep the positive pressure on you? You strike me as a guy that would give your all even if there was only one other person expecting great things from you.

You have that person.

Those of us who believe in you have come to believe in ourselves. We respect you for your tireless efforts and your courageous postings. We adore you for your honesty and how you encourage us. I read your blog because of how it makes me feel- Inspired, confident, and ready to take massive action. We believe in you, Adam, because you rekindle the long slumbering faith that we can do the great things we dream of. If you hid your site away in the most obscure corner of the web, we, your friends, would find you and we would encourage you and we would continue to be energized by your journey.

Don't be shackled by the groping hands of mediocrity. Stay here in the high clear air where you have brought us. Breathe deep of our energy and gratitude and know that if you ever feel down, merely look up and see our outstretched hands.

Jeff McAdamfan

Shadow said...

Adam, the last couple of days have been a real test for you mate, don't let it get you down.

Anonymous said...

Jeff your post was awesome and truly emulates the feelings we "followers" of Adam have. I believe the greater the trials we have the greater the victory will be. If you never started this online journey you would have never "met" so many awesome and supportive people. We believe in you and will be here to cheer you and each other on!
By the way, you look awesome in clothes! ;)

Anonymous said...

I would like to second motion Jeff's comments.... keep the awesome work!!

Cheers

Anonymous said...

i would like to third what Jeff said! wow, i could not have said it better. Adam is simply an inspiration, and partly becuase he is a real, raw,passionate, feeling person. we are behind 100% Adam so always remember us - the 'silent majority'.
Kel.
BTW, lookin' good in clothes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam,

I don't normally "comment" this much, but now really does feel like the time to give back.

Once again.... thank you, and your tenacity for giving me the energy to put back into my own fitness regime.

From the first time you personally replied to an email, to the daily posts that you can really empathise with, www.rtp-blog.com & Adam Waters have been nothing but an inspiration to myself and numerous other regular posters I see popping up here.

Gotta keep focusing on my "PRW" (as I have now catchily shortened it to) and following your progress, and my mission will succeed!!

Thanks again Adam, for all the time and effort you put in.

Cheers,

James, Leeds, UK