Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 233: The Moment Of Truth

G'day,

Today was one of those days. These are the days that will quite literally "make of break" your dream of a full-blooded physique transformation.

The "Buzz"

Anyone who has ever been through this process already knows what I'm talking about. During the first few days of a new mission you can get by on "buzz" but there will come a time when your resolve will be tested. This will usually come in the first week or two once the "buzz" dies down.

Today was that day for me. I went to work today on just 4 hours sleep and by the time I got home I was completely spent. My muscles were aching all over from the previous 3 days of training and my energy levels were very low. I crashed out within minutes of getting home and didn't wake until 8:30 PM.

The Moment Of Truth

Since my gym closes at 10:00 PM I had to make a snap decision (while still in a daze) to get myself together and get off to the gym within the next 10 minutes if I was going to complete my scheduled workout.

Quite honestly, this decision could have gone either way. I picked myself up and splashed water on my face and then took a look in the mirror. I paused and said to myself, "How bad do you want it?" I answered my own question, then took a few deep breaths and without even hesitating I got my gear together and was out the door within minutes.

Every Day Matters

Like I have preached so many times before on this blog, every day really does matter. You will face these moments of truth in the early stages of your mission on an almost daily basis.

These are the days when you may feel like "postponing" your workout because you had "one of those days", you are feeling sore, lacking sleep and energy, etc. However, these are the days that will almost certainly define your level of success in your own physique transformation mission.

Am I Being Melodramatic?

Do you think I'm being melodramatic? After all it is "only" one day. Trust me, I'm not. The slide down that slippery slope of guilt, apathy and procrastination can be swift with very dire consequences.

Want proof? Ok, just take a look at this before and after picture below which captures 3 years of pain, apathy, procrastination and guilt in one picture slide.


Here's the bottom line
. On those days (especially in the early stages) when you feel defeated, lethargic, sore and apathetic (due to a lack of measureable results thus far) just pause and ask yourself, "How bad do you want it?"

Remember the reasons why you are doing this.

Take the time to recall the moment when you first made the decision to change.

What triggered you into action then?

Pause, reflect, re-focus...then get your butt off to the gym!

Peace,
AJ

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

P.S. I did make it to the gym tonight...and lo & behold I had a great workout! Below are my Day 233 pics for June 29, 2007.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only speak for myself, but sometimes I feel like this everyday. It is worse for the diet part of it for me. It is too easy just to eat the junk food my husband buys(ice cream is my favorite!). I tell him not to buy it, he says don't eat it. It's not always that easy.

Adam Waters said...

Hi Suzette, ice cream is also my fave! What's in your fridge can play a huge factor I believe so I keep my fridge very clean (though easier for me as I live alone).

Adam

Karlos said...

arghhhhhh, I'm having one of those days!!!!! actually its more like one of those weekends.........