Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 10 Pics: A Cardio Surprise!

Day 10 of 84

Status - Round 1: Phase 3: Day 3

G'day,

A short post today, it is nearly my bedtime here in Japan and sleep (i.e. rest) is actually very important in building a new physique.

Today was another day on my "Low-Fat" nutrition phase, just holding out for my "cheat meal" on Sunday!

I got a nice surprise today while doing "High Intensity Interval Training" on the treadmill. I was a little conservative in setting my intervals as it had been 10 days since I had done this specific kind of interval training.

I topped out at 14.5 km/h on the final 2 minute cycle and lo & behold I had plenty more left in me. This final 2 minutes, at the end of a 20 minute period usually does exactly what it is designed to do, physically destroy me, however today I felt like I could have gone on much longer.

Since I haven't been doing much cardio I can only put my increased cardio capacity down to my "Circuit Training Style" workouts over the last 10 days. By mixing in some "rest cardio" and shortening rest periods I have also increased my cardio performance.

Before I sign off for today I want to say how beneficial doing this blog has been for me while doing this physique transformation. Knowing that I have post photos every day of my progress is a strong motivational and self-accountability factor. I highly recommend this to anyone out there reading these words.

That's all for today, see you tomorrow.

Peace, AJ

P.S Here are Day 10 pics for November 17, 2006

No comments: