Friday, November 24, 2006

Day 17 Pics: Going Hard!

Day 17 of 84

Status - Round 2: Phase 1: Day 5

G'day,

Today I went hardcore doing a weight training workout and a cardio session. I just got home from my H.I.I.T cardio run and right now I am totally destroyed (in a good way).

The weight training session was "Lactic Acid Training with Alternating Body Part Focus." Sounds complicated but actually quite simple, it is a variation on the Lactic Acid training I did 12 days ago. Each set consists of two exercises targeting the same bodypart supersetted.

For example, for chest I did 10 total sets of dumbbell flyes (high rep/low weight) and barbell bench press (low rep/high weight) back to back. I rested only 20 seconds between each set in order to increase the lactic acid tension in my muscles.

After chest I did 10 sets of back, and 6 sets of biceps & calves. I finished off the same as I usually do, with my "core combo" of abs, lower back and rotator cuff exercises.

This kind of high volume workout can go quite long if you are not organized. That is why it is important that you set up all your exercises (benches, etc.) and weights (dumbbells, etc.) beforehand.

In the evening I did 20 minutes of High Intensity Cardio on the treadmill with a cycle of 6, 11, 13, 15 km/h completed 4 times. Definitely got my blood moving and the sweat dripping.

Today is also the last day of my "Low-Carb" diet before I go onto 2 "Single Nutrient" days. This is done to keep my metabolism amped up. The theory behind this kind of nutrition plan is very complex, let me just say that it works!

Here are Day 17 pics for November 24, 2006.

Peace, AJ

No comments: