Friday, January 05, 2007

Day 58: Live From Hong Kong...Just!

12 Week Fat Loss Challenge

Start: November 8, 2006
Finish: January 31, 2007

Day 58 of 84

Status: Round 6: Phase 3: Day 3

G'day,

What a day! I almost missed my flight from Brisbane to Hong Kong! For some reason I thought my flight left at 1:40pm, it wasn't till I double-checked at 10:15am that I realized my flight left at 12:05pm...nearly 2 hours earlier than I thought!

Earlier that morning I actually went for a HIIT cardio run for 20 minutes, just think I was going for a run while I should have been on my way to the airport...how hardcore is that!

Anyway, once I realized my error I quickly threw my gear (4 bags worth) into the back of my Mum's car and scrambled to the airport. I got there with 1 hour to spare, however you are supposed to check-in 2 hours prior for internatinal flights these days. I went through immigration and customs in double-quick time so in the end I had ample time to relax.

The only downer was that my family had planned a little surprise birthday party for me before I was due to leave. Needless to say the celebrations were cut short!

However, I received the coolest birthday pressie ever...a DrizaBone riding coat. It is truly a work of art. I will be wearing it later today when I hit the streets on Hong Kong island, it is quite chilly over here now. Thanks Mum, Dad, Kel & Dave for giving me such an awesome birthday present!

I gotta go now, off to the hotel gym for a cardio workout and back again tonight for a weight-training workout. I took a peek at the gym just before and I have to say it is the nicest gym I have ever seen.

The hotel I am staying at is "Harbour Plaza Resort City" in the New Territories of Hong Kong (close to mainland China). What's even cooler is that I got the 26th floor! I have views right out to mainland China! Here is a picture of the hotel I found on the web.










Peace, AJ

P.S. I won't be able to get any pics up today because my camera has run out of battery. So, instead I thought I would upload a 4 picture slide that details my fat loss journey so far. The first picture was taken in July 2003 and the other 3 pictures are Day 1, 28 and 56.

No comments: