Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 169: Bad News...Mission 3 Delay

G'day,

Well, 24 hours ago I was all fired up to officially start Mission 3: Muscle Gain BUT I will now have to postpone the start date.

Yesterday I was in the boxing gym doing punching bag work when I strained my right wrist attempting an ill-fated "big right hook".

Would you believe this is the second time I have injured my hand while attempting a big hook. Last year I broke my left thumb doing nearly exactly the same thing!

The saving grace this time around is that I didn't break any bones (I think!) so my recovery time will be a lot quicker.

In light of this I will have to postpone my Mission 3 start date until Day 180 (11 days from now).

As my wrists take a lot of the load in free weight exercises I do not want to risk further injury by coming back too early.

To say I am dissappointed would be a massive understatement, I have been looking forward to kicking off M3 for so long now. However, it is not the end of the world, I know I will still get the job done.

I also know that this injury is just a minor blip on the radar of life. There are people in this world right now who are suffering hardships much greater than a strained wrist.

Once again, I would like to thank you for stopping by to read my blog and help keep me accountable.

Until Day 180...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Peace,
Adam

P.S. Now I gotta go and update all my Mission 3 graphics...

No comments: