Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day 325: I Am Blown Away!

G'day,

Wow! I'm kinda lost for words at the thoughtful comments to the questions I asked in yesterday's post.

Just When I Started To Get Down...

You guys have really blown me away! Just when I start to get down on myself you guys have really given me a lift, and more than that you have also given me great advice.

Today is one of those days when I re-connect with what the essence of this journey is all about. When I started this journey on November 8, 2006 I had no idea where it would take me.

Life Really Is A Journey!

However, by Day 42 I resolved within myself to keep going after I finished Mission 1 because I began to realize that life really is a journey, there is no final destination.

This is especially true of a physique transformation challenge. For as long as you continue to draw breath your body (and mind) will be with you.

Your body can only continue to operate at optimum levels if you give it the required stimulus through exercise and proper nutrition.

If you rest on your laurels after you have finished your "12 week challenge" your body (and mind) will soon reflect the current effort you are putting in. It may come relatively slowly but trust me, it will come.

The Essence Of This Blog

This "life is a journey" mindset is now the core essence of this blog and why your comments yesterday resonated with me so much because you can always learn (and implement) new ideas and techniques. You can also reassess your strategies and renew your passion and drive as you progress through your journey.

I'll Be Back Tomorrow...

When I posted that entry yesterday I had intended to reply to each comment individually, but to be honest I hadn't anticipated such a large response!

In order to do justice to your thoughtful and supportive comments I'm gonna have to make a separate blog post tomorrow and answer each comment then. This is because I had to work today (I usually have Saturday's off) and I have just gotten home from the gym so I am pretty hammered right now!

I promise I'll be back tomorrow to reveal my answer, and respond to each comment.

Until tomorrow...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Go to Day 324: Daily Accountability: A Double Edged Sword to read yesterday's post and the thoughtful comments from Andrew, Anon, Kristiina, Ryuerik, Kel, Jeff and Min.

P.S.S. Below are Day 325 pics for September 29, 2007: Mission 3 Phase 2 - Day 31 of 70



3 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey Adam,

If you want some ideas for some serious cardio/HIT workouts that will shake your body up then let me know. They are quite quick but like yours the last few minutes are grit your teeth time!!

Take care,

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Adam,
You really shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Just because you don't look "bigger" doesn't mean you aren't larger then life. You have a beautifully sculpted body, and if you are making gains, be glad for it. It may just be your body type to put on strong lean muscle. I had an ex who was into body building, he was leaner then you and at 180'lbs and 10% BF I watched him do sets with a 310lbs bench press (6 reps for 3 sets) and decline leg pressed around 1200 lbs or so for 5 reps 3 sets ( he had 900lbs of weight plus 3 friends sitting on the machine). I don't know much about that sort of thing, but it seemed pretty damn good to me. But he still griped about his not being "big". Eventually he gave up. =/
But I thought he looked GREAT and so do you. So keep at it! =)

Cheers!

Kootenay Girl (Canada)

Anonymous said...

PS: No he did not use steroids or any other supplements. I think it was just how he trained.