Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 104: The Power Of Progressive Overload


















G'day,

Today I experienced first-hand a key component of physique transformation. This is the concept of progressive overlaod, this really is the key to your ongoing physique progression.

I increased my weight load on most exercises since the last time (on Day 65) I performed this routine, Fat Loss Circuit Training Part 2. Tracking this progression is possible because I diligently log every single workout with full stats on my weights, reps, sets and techniques.

I highly recommend logging your workouts in real-time, while your actually doing your workout. I log my stats during my rest periods (as short as they are) and at the end of my workout I'll write a review of my workout with both positive and negative points.

To be precise today I went hard with quads, hammies, shoulders and triceps with my ‘rest’ period again being 40 seconds of double hop skipping.

I increased my weight load on quads (with squats), shoulders (with barbell overhead press) and triceps (with dumbell overhead extension).

It was an intense session and I now feel I'm getting back to my peak level of fitness on Day 84.

Until tomorrow...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think Big!

Peace,
AJ

Here are Day 104: M2 Day 14 pics for February 20, 2007


No comments: