Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day 309: Hypertrophy Upper Body - Increased Rep Counts!

G'day,

Another day...another "win"!

Today's training session was a carbon copy of last week's Hypertrophy Upper Body Workout with one exception...I increased my rep counts!

I averaged 1 extra rep across 26 sets of chest, back, shoulders, triceps and biceps.

The important thing to note is that both of these workouts were performed under the same conditions, i.e. same rest periods, same weight increments and the same exercises.

This is the principle of "progressive overload" in action which I have discussed before on Day 248: One More Rep!

This is a great result as it shows "real world" progress in the last 7 days. As you may know I place a greater meaning on real-world measurable indicators like strength gains and progress through pictures than I do with bodyfat tests, etc.

When I know I am making constant progress I begin to create a self-fulfilling prophecy of rapid-fire physique transformation! I just "know" I will achieve the goals I have set for myself.

However, just because this works for me doesn't mean it may be the best course of action for you. You have to decide how best to measure your progress, which may in fact be through weekly bodyfat testing, etc.

I have come to realize that I am a "right-brained" person. I am very visually orientated (bet you couldn't guess!).

I draw inspiration and motivation by documenting my progress with pictures, and also using visualization pictures for my goals.

My tip today is to give a lot of thought before you start your physique transformation program about how to measure your progress. Not only will this constant feedback give you important information about how fast you are progressing, but it will also "fuel your fire" to keep going!

Until tomorrow...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. I would like to personally thank Garry Egan, Paud O'Keeffe and James for their generous offers to help me with my header graphic (that I discussed yesterday). As you can see I have uploaded the new header but the links are not yet operational. I still have a few kinks to iron out with the boys.

P.S.S. Below are Day 309 pics for September 13, 2007: Mission 3 Phase 2 - Day 15 of 70



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'r Looking bigger Adam!
Day 4 for me and did not give up yet!
And WONT give up!
Great inspiration!
Going to Kinokuniya to buy a book tomorrow"The Secret"!

Adam Waters said...

Thanks mate! Great to hear you are going strong. I know Kinokuniya well, just about the only place in Osaka to get English books and magazines. I've heard great things about that book too!

Cheers,
Adam

Otter Christy said...

You ARE looking bigger. I haven't checked in a couple of weeks, and what a difference! Nice new graphic, too.