Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 497: Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay!

*Just a taste of what's in today's video!

G'day Shredders,

Here is my first ever "live video", shot on location in San Francisco! I took a Grand City Tour of SF and saw the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcratraz, Twin Peaks, Haight & Ashbury (where the late Jerry Garcia used to live), "Crooked Lombard" and the most expensive zipcode in the United States!

I finished up the day at Pier 39 on Fishermans Wharf and saw the world's first ever RTP Approved restaurant (you gotta see it to believe it!). After dinner (as seen in the vid!) I fired up my Pod and listened to Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay and had one of those surreal moments where you gotta pinch yourself to see if you are dreaming!



Can it get any better than this?! Yes! Because tomorrow I'll flying to NYC to meet the man himself, Tom Venuto! Then 2 days later I'll be meeting Suzette, Joni, Debbie and Lilla! This is gonna rock!

Ok, even though I have a case of ShredderSomnia I have to get some sleep now so I'm fresh for tomorrow...or maybe this really is a dream!

*Picture Update from Day 497:

1) Standing next to a statue of Joseph Strauss, the architect behind the Golden Gate Bridge.


2) At Twin Peaks (the second highest point in SF) overlooking the city.


3) At Pier 39 the world famous Sea Lions come to play (and bicker!) which draws huge crowds every day.


4) I saw an amazing performing artist who tight-roped and juggled knives and fire sticks, all the the same time!


5) What a combo! Alcrataraz and Pier 39.


6) The world's first ever RTP Approved Restaurant!


Catch ya,
AJ

P.S.
I did manage to get a Double Shred in today, my evening session was at 24 Hour Fitness, the most amazing gym I have ever seen! They have equipment in there that I've only ever seen in magazines (a lot different to my HS gym!)

P.S.S. I'll update this post tomorrow with some pics.

P.S.S.S. No Time Machine today because I was wearing those dreaded pink pants on March 19, 2007! Hopefully that was the last time I did!

Shredder Pact:

We will focus on the single daily actions that produce results.

We will "burn our bridges" and not look back.

We will never surrender.

N.B. In order to keep this single day blog posts shorter I won't keep posting the three NYC Shredder Events in every blog entry.

Go to Day 495: M4 Shred - 84 Day Report Card to see watch countdown videos and read more about M4 Training Day, ECSS 2008 and NYC Stealth Mission.


Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. Below are Day 497 RTP Blog Daily Pictures for March 19, 2008: Mission 4 - Day 122 of 125

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Adam, looks like you're having a great time in SF. Did you see the Bush Man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Famous_Bushman

Too funny about the Shredding Salads!

Debbie

Adam Waters said...

Hi Debbie, I missed the Bush Man, but I did see a lot of characters over here. And I love the Victorian architecture of the houses, its amazing how they all nearly look the same!

P.S. My flight is delayed into NYC due to weather! Sounds like its freezing over there!

KaliLilla.com said...

Cool on location video! See you soon!

Michael said...

Adam, I work out at 24 Hour Fitness and I have to agree...they have some awesome equipment. Your excitement is infectious!

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving for the airport in a couple of hours! I am so excited!! I can hardly stand the anticipation! I can't believe ECSS is here!! see you soon, Adam!! (and NY 4!)