Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 397: The Daily Accountability Solution

G'day Shredders,

Today I've been doing a lot of mental gymnastics about how we can balance a new daily accountability structure against our previously stated goals and deadlines.

The Balancing Act

As I discussed in yesterday's Day 396 Blog Post I feel there is a need to return to daily accountability judging by some Shredder Council blogs. Some members are also keen to have an East Coast Shredder Summit in New York during March 2008 as a way to ramp up the accountability factor (and have a lot of fun in NYC!).

I would personally love a return to daily accountability like we did for the original Group Shred. However, I am conscious of not trying to force my goals (M4/NYC) and deadlines (Day 500) on all members of the Shredder Council.

The True Power Of The Shredder Council...

The reason is because this physique transformation journey that we are all on is a very personal endeavor. We all have our own goals, motivations and timetables.

The true power of the Shredder Council lies in the "positive pressure" we derive from our like-minded peers who are on a similar journey who hold us accountable daily to our actions. Journaling the truth about who we are and where we want to be is extremely powerful both internally and externally. This is the essence of the Shredder Council I believe.

The Daily Accountability Solution

In light of this I have tried to come up with a solution that will preserve the integrity of the Shredder Council in its current form and a new daily accountability solution for those members who desire it.

I racked my brain out all day and finally came up with a solution! I believe this is the best way to go to achieve our individual goals and common desire for daily accountability.

I have divided this solution into the 3 different components:

1) Council Profiles And Weekly Updates Remain Intact:

The Shredder Council Member Profiles and Weekly Wraps will remain in their current format. I will continue to post weekly videos and new member pictures in your profile every week on Sunday.

Shredder Council Members still have the ability to post comments to their profiles updating visitors on their goals and progress. The links to your blogs remain intact so you can still attract visitors to your blog and outline your goals and dreams on your blog.

2) East Coast Shredder Summit Members:

East Coast Shredder Summit Members have the ability to devise new missions (i.e. 100 Day mission to March 24, 2008) on their blogs where they can outline their ECSS goals and document their journey via daily accountability pictures/videos/podcasts. We can discuss our exact plans/itinerary/lodging in private at Lilla's SU Forum.

3) Daily Accountability RTP Blog Shredders:

Daily Accountability RTP Blog Shredders is the option for Shredder Council Members and a couple of other Shredders (by invitation only) who desire to re-instate daily accountability via my blog.

When I start my M4 Countdown to Day 500 on December 13, 2007 (Day 400) I will post links to your blogs in every day's RTP Blog post (just like the original Group Shred).

If you'd like to be included in this please leave a comment to this post by Day 399. This is not Group Shred 2, this is a continuance of daily accountability in a different format.


I believe this solution is the best because it allows you the full freedom to design and document your journey in a way that is in alignment with your own personal goals, motivations and timetables (instead of forcing my goals onto you).

This Daily Accountability RTP Blog Shredder solution will also enable you to get a lot more visits to your blog on a daily basis thereby increasing the accountability factor. Trust me, this accountability factor is huge as I have a strong feeling that visits to this blog (and thereby yours) are gonna explode very soon...

I trust that this solution (while perhaps not perfect) is satisfactory to you. Please let me know what you think in today's comment section.

Until tomorrow...

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Cheers,
Adam Waters, NESTA-CPT

P.S. I'd like to thank Michael for posting his thoughts on this matter. I actually felt this same way today and Michael's post confirmed it for me.

P.S.S. Below are my Day 397 pics for December 10, 2007: Mission 4 - Day 22 of 125.



20 comments:

Luis said...

Hello Everybody.... :) This is Luis. I know this is too soon but I would like to ask all of you if I could be a part of the shred team. I would love to be a part of all of this...:) every day I get more and more excited about posting and working hard to hit my goal and I would love to help, be a team player and increase everybody's motivation.
Adam thank you for posting for so long and making a lot of useful information available to us.
GOD BLESS !!! :)

KaliLilla.com said...

Hi Adam,

Great solution! I think this provides enough flexibility to accommodate all the members. I would like to be in the daily accountability on your blog.

I will be starting a 100-day mission from Saturday December 15th to March 24 ECGSS. I noticed you mentioned Dec 15th as the 100 start day yesterday, but today you said Dec 13th?

I know I'm being anal, but I just want everything to line up this time because I was all over the place with dates for the past 2 months. This time I'm going to "plan my plan" to the day!

KaliLilla.com said...

Disregard the above - I think I've figured out the date difference. You're counting to the day you train with Tom on 3/22 and I'm counting until the ECGGS on Monday 3/24. I can sleep at night now! ;D

Debbie said...

Adam, I'm all for walking the walk and increasing our accountability. I plan on attending the East Coast meeting in very fit condition. I am traveling on the 15th of Dec but will at least get a photo taken that day although I may not be able to post it until the 17th.

Debbie

Michael said...

Adam, thanks for the mention. I honestly just posted from the heart about the matter. I knew that if I got myself involved in some side mission I'd derail the progress I am making and that's not an option for me. I have posted daily pictures since Group Shred 1 and plan to continue doing so. It is just the process that works for me and I get that it might not work for everyone. I was inspired by your article on the BFIC about accountability and that's what got me started, but now I see the power of that accountability and that's why I continue. With that said, I'd like to have my blog link posted daily like Group Shred 1. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hello Adam. I am so in!

http://elgordojimenez.blogspot.com/

Thx.

Otter Christy said...

I'm in. Perfect timing and perfect solution. Thanks again. Way to go everybody!

Jemi9OD said...

Hi Adam:

I'm on board... I know this isn't GS2 yet but I'm already doing daily pictures and posts, so why not ramp it up :)

James

Marbella said...

Hello Adam,
I would be honored to be a member of the Daily Accountability on your blog, so add me in please. I do intend to push this hard, tho am finding it difficult to manage to get to the East Coast Meeting. Don´t I wish! My idea is to plan for it anyway, just in case the Universe comes to my aid.

Love those jeans and white jacket!
Lynda

Anonymous said...

i will use daily accountability in my blog as i did in the original 14 day shred. I would love to participate in the rtp blog daily accountability but am not ready to commit to that yet. i don't want to participate in something i know i might not be able to 100% commit to.

Unknown said...

Hey Adam ... I would love to take part in this to. I have a few days where I will not have internet access coming up, but can still take daily pictures and update them once I have internet access.

I am excited by this and feel more driven than ever before to create a dramatic transformation over the 100 days whilst enjoying the journey.

Thanks for pulling all of this together!

Rod

Bec said...

Yes I want to be in. Most definatley.
Bec

Mike Groom said...

Hey Adam,

Thanks for letting me in on this. I would be honoured to be a part of this. I'm doing the daily log anyway. Cheers, Mike

Mike Groom said...

Hi Adam, me again. I didn't really identify myself very well in the last comment. I would love to be part of this group and it would be a fantastic opportunity.

Cheers, Mike (http://blog1.aussiebodybuilder.com)

Anonymous said...

Ei, Adam!

I would love to be part of the daily blog accountability but I think I cannot commit 100% to this one due to the busy work schedules, post graduate classes and other personal stuffs I have. However, I will still continue to send to you and post my weekly accountability pics every Sunday to put pressure on me and hold myself still accountable for the RTP Group Shred commitment that we made.

Thanks for this incredible and flexible solution which addresses each individual's preference. Also, thanks for inspiring us!!!


Keep on shredding-hard,

Alex(",)

Tearose said...

Yes count me in!

Joni said...

Hey Adam, yes, I'll be in for the daily accountability, however, similar to what Mike was saying, I am not changing around my mission structure since I am in the midst of finishing my 100 days and then just added Mission 3 which will stretch to the ECSS anyway. So I'll be doing the same amount of days you are, just broken up differently. But even though I still put up my pictures on my blog, having them here is a much bigger motivator I think, plus there's the timing part that I can't get away with when I am sending them to you. Makes me get them ready and out. I am always a few days behind on my blog so hopefully that will get my back on track with my posts. Anyway, thanks for all the inspiration and I'll be there for the daily pics as long as you decide to do them. Can't wait to meet you in March!
-JP

Raiden said...

Hi Adam, I'm in a similar situation as Micahel and Joni. I wish to participate in the daily accountability on your blog, but my own personal goals, timeline, and missions will stay intact. This is actually the reason I didn't quite jump on the original Group Shred, as I misinterpreted it that everyone was doing an intensified "final shred" as you reached the end of your mission, which I wasn't quite at the point in my own personal mission at the time.

From about the 21st to the 2nd of Jan. I'll be on the road all over the place visiting friends and family and may only have internet access about half of the time. This is also my scheduled rest period and workouts will be as sporadic as the rest of my holiday schedule. I should be able to still get daily pics taken, just not necessarily uploaded on time.

From the new year on towards the ECGSS date I'll start a new mission that will end with the others since that will be about an 11 week training cycle, which is a nice figure again.

Adam Waters said...

Great to hear Shredders that you are all on board...get your game face on because tomorrow we all shred hard for the next 100 days!

Cheers,
Adam

Unknown said...

Adam:
I'm going to pass on this request; not committing to the daily pic posting cause time is taxing me right now. Jan 1st I'll be all in whatever the challenge.
Diane